Thursday, July 21, 2011

Happy Birthday to me!

It's been a great year for birthdays! I turned 26 (eek!) on July 5th, and after a long morning of grad school work, I was finally able to relax with my hubby! We hung out, went to a movie, and finished the evening off with a world class dinner, of course! We ate really late so that we could eat outside without it being too hot, and Steven had a pretty nice set up there. :-) The fillets and all the sides were absolutely delicious! Thanks, hubby!!












He's so silly!!












A few days later, we went on a balloon ride that Dad had bought at a charity a few months earlier. Besides the fact that it was 95 degrees at sunset, it was SO MUCH FUN! First, we had to sign our lives away...



















We got to help with the "assembly" of the balloon!




















































Steven's checking to make sure I'm doing everything right. ...I'm SURE that's what he's checking... ;-)















































Dad and Keith came to see us off and take pictures for us. Their shaded seats were a little close while the top was blowing up!




















































We took off from the couple's home, a farm where they also run a sign-making business. We had two other balloons fly up with us that day.















































An hour later, we landed in a small hay field that had already been cut. Otherwise, it would have made for a very awkward landing!



















All hands on deck for the folding and storing of the balloon top! The entire top fit into the little bag beneath these guys.

































We finished the evening off with a sunset glass of champagne. Thanks, Dad!















A few days later, I got to enjoy Steven's most amazing birthday gift to me...EVER! He took me to Wine & Canvas, a local spot where you get a painting lesson and of course...wine!














The place itself was so fun with art on every wall (and even in the bathrooms!) and a disco ball in the main room.














We started by painting the background...

































Then adding the flowers...














And three hours later, we had our final products! It is hard to tell from the picture, but Steven's was more green with blue accent strokes, and mine was more blue with green accent strokes.



















We BOTH had a great time, and Steven's already looking for another couple that we can double with! Any takers?? :-) They also serve beer...















The Wine & Canvas event was one of the most fun things I've ever done! I can't wait to get back and do another!

No comments:

Post a Comment